Wednesday, November 08, 2006

First week with Bailey

First week was a real test to our parenting skills. I was learning how to accommodate Bailey's needs with our daily schedule and routine. Bailey will not fail to wake us up at 7 am every morning to let him out to the yard to potty. I was not used to starting my day this early, but I guess Bailey trained us pretty quickly. Being an inexperience mom, I was over reacting to all the small details and making many trips to the pet shop. I was trying too hard. I went into a post puppy confusion quickly.. to question if this is want I wanted. With support from Jack, who strongly believe we could handle this together. We have decided that Bailey will be with us for the long haul.

I am glad with my decision, as he brings a lot of joy to the both of us. He is almost potty trained, only barks when he needs to go potty. He always overflowing with energy when we take him out to play. We quickly learn to bribe him with doggie treats with traning excercise. There is a biting issue that we need to address next, was told by the breeder to flick him on the nose when he tries to bite.

1 comment:

Jc said...

Congratulations on your new addition to the family! I see that he already bears your family name - Wu. Would be great if you could have a family picture together.